Peerless Clothing is North America’s industry leader in men’s and boys’ tailored clothing. Most of its selection is sold to the majority of Canadian and American specialty store retailers.
- Learning: The business analyst will make sure that he is knowledgeable of the applications and processes. To achieve this, sessions will be organized with various business users and the analyst will get trained to use screens and reports to accomplish the task required. After these training sessions, the analyst will have a good understanding of the basics. As we go with this training, time will be allocated to review each process with the IT team, exploring the documentation and getting to know the programs/configurations that are running for this process.
- Investigating: Every day, tickets are open in the Service desk application for incidents that are reported by the systems’ users. Managing an incident means fixing it and restoring the system as fast as possible and then discovering its root cause to make sure that such incidents don’t reoccur.
- Analyzing: Spend a great deal of time analyzing the information they acquire – studying it for patterns and trends. Many change requests suggest multiple solutions, so the business analyst has to spend a lot of time on analyzing and comparing solutions and weighing them against actual needs.
- Communicating: Spend many hours actively communicating. More than simple talking, this means listening to the verbal and nonverbal messages, establishing open dialogue, confirming that they have understood what they have heard and communicating this information to pairs when appropriate.
- Documenting: Spend a fair amount of time documenting what they have learned and observed and the result of the analysis. The business analysts must reflect on the best way to document the specific types of information, whereas text or usual form (Charts, graphs, Illustrations, etc.).
- Developing: Gather requirements from stakeholders and translate them into developers’ specifications. Works with developers to ensure that specs are well understood. Conduct testing to confirm that the use cases are covered, and identify any hidden requirements, dependability or effects.
- All other related tasks.
- Excellent knowledge of the French and English language (spoken and written).
- SAP FI/CO knowledge is important.
- Full experience within the delivery of the aforementioned modules - configuration, testing, training and go lives.
- High Level knowledge of ABAP Programming and debugging.
- Ability to produce multiple reports using SAP queries, SQLs or BI to assist business users or to perform day to day tasks.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills.
- Business coordination, Requirement gathering, fit/gap analysis, design, functional specs requirements preparation, testing and support.
- Proficient in the support of day-to-day issues including data research and problems’ reconstruction in test systems.
- Self-motivated and comfortable with initial ambiguity; resourceful enough to drive towards clarity by evaluating the solutions landscape and have the ability to collaborate cross functionally with various employees and consultants.
- Excellent communication, analytical skills and attention to detail.